Smarthealth understands that the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information are vital to our business operations and our own success.
By using the Smarthealth and/or registering yourself at Smarthealth's website you authorize Smarthealth (including its representatives, affiliates, and its business partners) to contact you via email or phone call or sms and offer you our services for the product you have opted for, imparting product knowledge, offer promotional offers running on Smarthealth and offers by its business partners and associated third parties, for which reasons your information may be collected in the manner as detailed under this Policy.
Controllers of Personal Information: Your personal data will be stored and collected by Smarthealth.
Purposes of collection of your data: Smarthealth collects your information when you register for an account, when you use its products or services, visit its Website's pages. When you register with Smarthealth, you are asked for submitting certain information which may be personal to you such as first name, last name, state and city of residence, email address, mobile number, date of birth etc. Once you register at the Website and sign in you are not anonymous to us. Also, you are asked for your contact number during registration and may be sent SMSs, notifications about our services to your wireless device. Hence, by registering you authorize the Smarthealth to send texts and email alerts to you with your login details and any other service requirements, including promotional mails and SMSs.
We use your information in order to:
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you.
- Process orders or applications submitted by you.
- Administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement with our business partners.
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you.
- Send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might include offers or products from our business partners (such as insurance companies etc.) or third parties (such as marketing partners and other service providers etc.), with whom Smarthealth has a tie-up.
- Make our website and the services offered by Smarthealth better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from ourbusiness partners or third parties.
- Send you notices, communications, offer alerts relevant to your use of the Services offered on this Website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure: Smarthealth may share your Information submitted on the Website to any third party/service provider/business partner without obtaining your prior consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency orauthority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention,detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment ofoffences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure isreasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms and Conditions; for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Smarthealth proposes to share such information within its group companies and officers and employees of such group companies for the purpose of processing personal information on its behalf. We also ensure that these recipients of such information agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this PrivacyPolicy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Smarthealth may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when the user visits the Website. These companies may use personal information about the user's visit to the Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to the user.
- Smarthealth shall transfer information about you in case Smarthealth is acquired by or merged with another company.
We Collect Cookies: A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For session ID cookies, once you close your browser or log out, the cookie terminates and is erased. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on your computer's hard drive for an extended period of time. Session ID cookies may be used by PRP to track user preferences while the user is visiting the website. They also help to minimize load times and save on server processing. Persistent cookies may be used by PRP to store whether, for example, you want your password remembered or not, and other information. Cookies used on the PRP website do not contain personally identifiable information.
Log Files: Like most standard websites, we use log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer to you, to improve marketing, analytics or site functionality.
Email- Opt out: If you are no longer interested in receiving e-mail announcements and other marketing information from us, please e-mail your request at: _____________. Please note that it may take about 10 days to process your request.
Security: We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures at all times to protect the information we collect from you. We use multiple electronic, procedural, and physical security measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful use or alteration of information, and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage to information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Further, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your login id and password, and may not provide these credentials to any third party.
Third Party Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies and/or ad agencies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (excluding your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this Website in order to provide advertisements on this Website and other third party websites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on this Website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to Website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other Websites for targeted advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major Websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process.
International standard for management of information security and provides a systematic approach to keep sensitive company information secure. Through this approach if and when we get certified we would reassure our customers about our compliance with the highest standards regarding information security.
Links to Other Websites: There might be affiliates or other sites linked to Smarthealth. Personal information that you provide to those sites are not our property. These affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies of these website when you visit them.
Intellectual Property Right Policy and Management
This can be referred to as Smarthealth's Intellectual Property Policy and Intellectual Property Management guidelines (Collectively referred to as "IP Policy", hereinafter) in place basically to maintain absolute clarity on IPR related issues such as ownership, rights and obligation of employees and Company, rights and obligation of customers and Company, disclosure of work/ invention, non-disclosure of confidential information, liabilities in case of misappropriation of IP or resolution of IP related disputes strategically.
Intellectual property (IP) is one of our most valuable assets. We rely on various types of intellectual property (such as trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, domain names, design rights) for our success in the market. IP helps us stay competitive, allows us to fund future successes, and supports each of our jobs at the Company. The Company has a consistent policy of identification of Company's intangible assets, prioritizing them according to Company's business plans, registering, exploiting and safeguarding them in order to benefit fully from IP in terms of revenue, reputation and market share. The Company's IP Policy also envisages protection and management of its own IP well, internally and with its business partners. We also want to respect the IP of others as we develop our products and services, run our business, and work with business partners. For clarifications, the term Company wherever used under this IP policy, shall include its Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
Smarthealth ("The Company") has adopted this Policy in order to protect its own IP and minimize the possibility of infringement of Intellectual Property rights of the Company and the third Parties. This IP Policy aims to provide transparent administrative system for the ownership, control and transfer of the IP created and owned by the Company.
This IP Policy is applicable to all the employees, representatives and agents of the Company including its Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND RECORDS
- Company shall respect intellectual property (IP) and conduct its business in compliance with the IP-related laws as applicable in the jurisdiction of Republic of India and its agreements with other companies.
- Company shall actively protect its own IP.
- Company shall maintain an effective system of IP asset management, including
maintaining an inventory and records of IP-related assets and agreements.
- Company shall not knowingly infringe a third party's intellectual property in its products, services, or components, or disclose or use a third party's trade secrets without the express or implied consent of the owner or as permitted by law.
- Company shall not knowingly purchase or use counterfeit or other infringing goods and services in running its business, including counterfeit trademark goods or infringing copyright material (such as software, publications, video, audio, or other content).
- Company shall document and maintain written records of all substantial transactions and uses that involve the exercise of IP rights. (This includes, for example, licenses or assignments of rights; manufacturing, reproduction or distribution of patented, trademarked or copyrighted items; and disclosure and use of trade secrets.)
- Company shall require, through binding policies or agreements with employees and contractors that its personnel comply with the applicable IP laws and the Company's IP policies and IP-related provisions in agreements with other companies.
- Company shall develop and implement a management system to help ensure that all personnel follow its IP policies. This management system shall encompass all IP-related policies, procedures and adequate and accurate records necessary to implement, measure, and improve Company's IP protection and compliance program.
IP COMPLIANCE TEAM
Company's IP protection and management shall be implemented through a cross-functional compliance team, overseen by a Designated authority of the Company. The said authority may appoint or engage any advocate or expert from within and/or outside the Company to seek their opinion in carrying out their responsibilities as stated under this IP Policy.
SCOPE AND QUALITY OF RISK ASSESSMENT
Company shall include in its risk assessment of new products, services, and business opportunities, any relevant IP protection risks.
MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS PARTNERS:
- Company shall require its business partners to conduct their arrangements with the Company in accordance with Company's relevant IP protection policies.
- Company shall conduct initial risk assessment and due diligence on all prospective business partners, which shall include an assessment of such companies' IP protection and management.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY MANAGEMENT
- Company shall maintain physical security designed to effectively protect trade secrets (where applicable) and other confidential information, and IP-related records, masters, tools, inventory and related materials.
- Company shall maintain computer and network security effective for protecting trade secrets, other confidential and proprietary information, and IP related records, and for discouraging violations of Company's IP policies on the Company's computers and networks.
- Company and its personnel shall only make trade secrets and other proprietary information available to third parties on a "need to know" basis, and subject to company procedures and written agreements containing adequate confidentiality and other protections.
- Company shall execute written confidential or Non-disclosure agreements with third parties prior to disclosure of any confidential information of the Company to any third party(ies).
- Any IP generated, created or developed by any of the employees/representatives and agents of the Company and/or consultants engaged by the Company, during the term of their employment or engagement as the case may be, for and/or on behalf of the Company, shall be "work made for hire" and shall be assigned by such persons to the Company. Further, the Company shall have the sole and exclusive ownership to such IP generated, developed or created unless otherwise agreed by the Company by way of a written contract or as may be applicable by the relevant IP law.
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Company shall provide ongoing appropriate level training on IP protection and management to all relevant personnel.
- Company shall provide specialized training to those personnel responsible for the
development and implementation of the IP protection, management, and compliance program.
- Company shall provide appropriate level training on IP protection and management for relevant supply chain members.
CORRECTIVE ACTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- Company shall maintain a system to track and deal with problems in IP protection, management and compliance found through the monitoring process. The tracking system will identify the corrective action to be taken, the timeline, and the responsible party.
- Company shall develop and implement an annual or other regular improvement plan for IP protection, management, and compliance.
- In case of violation/infringement of any IPR such as trademark infringement by any employee/representative or any third party infringing upon the IPR of the Company, the Compliance Team of the Company would first investigate the matter in association with its Advocates and make recommendations to the Director/CFO for resolution of such violation/infringement including need for any legal course of action.
IP Licensing and Transfer
- The Company may license its IP to any of its Subsidiaries, Affiliates or a third party (ies) through various modes of licensing strategy such as: Exclusive licensing, Sole licensing, Non-Exclusive Licensing, Sub-licensing and licensing in general. The Company shall document such IP licensing through a license Agreement where each such license agreement shall define the terms and conditions for the proper use of IP of the Company.
- The Company may transfer its IP to any of its Subsidiaries, Affiliates or a third party (ies) through a signed IP transfer agreement on the conditions as may be deemed to be fit and proper to the Company.
This Policy shall be governed by the laws of Republic of India and the courts at New Delhi shall have the jurisdiction over the same.